Y Chapel of Song
Edmond Attractions, Historic Places & Meetings
In the 1940s, the students, staff, and friends of the University of Central Oklahoma designed and constructed the Y Chapel—which includes 14 stained glass windows representing the religious songs students sang during the era.
According to Dr. R. R. Robinson, University president from 1939 to 1948, the purpose of the chapel was 'to provide a much needed place for meetings of small religious groups.' In addition, Dr. Jessie Ray Newby, Ph.D., Chairman of the Y Chapel Committee, committed it to be 'open to all who have even a moment of time to enjoy its privileges.'
Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001, the Y Chapel is available to rent for weddings and gatherings.